Monday, February 27, 2012

I am getting very excited about the opportunity I have in the coming weeks to travel to Ghana.  I will be leaving this Saturday from Milwaukee and meeting up with 10 other educators in Washington D.C.   We will then travel on an overnight flight to Accra, Ghana where we will be meeting our host teachers.  Although I have always prided myself on being a fairly globally minded person, I have to be honest in that I really know very little about Ghana or Africa in general.  The chance to immerse myself in a completely new culture is something that I cherish.  I am even more excited to that I can bring my students (at least metaphorically if not physically) along with me.

While in Ghana, I am going to focus my anthropological research on trying to find ways that my students can work with science students in Ghana on projects related to energy development and energy conservation.  I have chosen this question primarily because energy is huge topic in science that can be explored from many perspectives.  As well, I have an assumption that in many ways, students in Ghana have a more conservatory lifestyle than in the US.  Again though, this is an assumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment